Telehealth requesting services and Home Visits
Dedicated COVID-19 collection locations
For your convenience in addition to our collection centres we have collecting drive-in and walk- in coronavirus (COVID-19), Flu A, Flu B and RSV testing sites listed below. With stringent safety procedures associated with COVID-19 specimen collection, these centres are operated by staff members who have expertise covering all aspects of coronavirus/respiratory virus specimen handling, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE). The dedicated centres have been carefully selected, with no shared facilities.
As of 13 May 2023, you must have a request form from your doctor. If you do not have a request form there will be an out of pocket expense.
You can have your COVID-19 test done at these locations without an appointment.
The testing sites will be closed on Monday 12 June 2023, and re-open on Tuesday 13 June 2023.
- Wollongong Walk-in Covid collection site at 37 Denison Street (separate to the main collection centre) | Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 3.00pm.
- Wollongong, 29-31 Denison Street | Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm | Saturday 8.00am to 12.00pm
- Warilla Walk-in Covid collection site at 109 Shellharbour Road (entry off Beverley Avenue) | Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 4.30pm | Saturday 8.30am to 11.30am.
- Nowra, 57 Junction Street | Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm | Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm | Saturday 9.00am to 12.00pm.
For any enquiries phone (02) 4224 7474 (Illawarra) or (02) 4423 3111 (Shoalhaven and Eurobodalla).
Doctor swab collection
Both a throat and nasal specimen collection are performed on a single swab.
A doctor collection for COVID-19 testing can be performed if a patient presents with mild illness (no severe coughing or shortness of breath) using full personal protective equipment (PPE), including gloves, gown, mask and eye protection.
If severe illness (severe coughing and shortness of breath), please send patient to the nearest public hospital Emergency Department.
Patient Self Collect
Patients who require a COVID-19 test can use the self collect kit which is available from the Southern.IML Pathology stores department and only at the selected collection centres listed below.
The patient can pick up a self collect kit, and drop off their specimen at the following locations only:
- 45 Denison Street, Wollongong
- 44 Hopetoun Street, Woonona
- 4/17-23 Station street Engadine
- Baan Baan Shopping Centre, Dapto
- 109 Shellharbour Road, Warilla
- 83-85 Manning Street, Kiama
- 57 Junction Street, Nowra
- 111 Princes Highway, Ulladulla
- Shop 7, Batehaven Mall, Corrigan Street, Batehaven
- 73a Queen Street, Moruya