Telehealth requesting services and Home Visits
Dedicated COVID-19 collection locations
A limited number of Southern.IML Pathology collection centres and drive-through sites are designated as COVID-19 only collection locations. With stringent safety procedures associated with COVID-19 specimen collection, these centres are operated by staff members who have expertise covering all aspects of coronavirus/respiratory virus specimen handling, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE). The dedicated centres have been carefully selected, with no shared facilities.
You can have your COVID-19 test done at these locations without an appointment. A referral is not needed.
- Fairy Meadow Dalton Park , Pioneer Road (entry via northern driveway to grandstand) | Monday to Sunday, 7.00am to 5.00pm
- Wollongong 45 Denison Street | Monday to Sunday, 7.00am to 8.00pm
- Wollongong JJ Kelly Park (entry off Springhill road | Monday to Sunday, 7.00am to 5.00pm
- Berkeley Fred Finch Park (Illawarra Stadium) | Monday to Sunday 8.00am to 5.00pm
- Warilla 109 Shellharbour Road (entry off Beverley Avenue) | Monday to Sunday 8.00am to 4.30pm
- Shellharbour Wattle Road (Myimbarr Sporting Fields car park) | Monday to Sunday 8.00am to 6.00pm. Please note as of Monday 25 October the hours will be Monday to Sunday 8.00am to 3.00pm.
- Albion Park, Albion Park Showground (entry off Tongarra Road) | Monday to Sunday 8.00am to 4.00pm
- Huskisson, Kioloa Street (entry near sporting fields) | Mon to Sun 8.00am to 5.00pm
- North Nowra, Bernie Regan Sporting Complex (entry off Cambewarra Road) | Monday to Sunday 8.00am to 3.00pm
- Nowra 57 Junction Street | Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm & Saturday 9.00am to 12.00pm
For any enquiries phone (02) 4224 7474 (Illawarra) or (02) 4423 3111 (Shoalhaven and Eurobodalla).
Doctor swab collection
Both a throat and nasal specimen collection are performed on a single swab.
A doctor collection for COVID-19 testing can be performed if a patient presents with mild illness (no severe coughing or shortness of breath) using full personal protective equipment (PPE), including gloves, gown, mask and eye protection.
If severe illness (severe coughing and shortness of breath), please send patient to the nearest public hospital Emergency Department.Download instructions
Patient Self Collect
Patients who require a COVID-19 test can use the self collect kit which is available from the Southern.IML Pathology stores department and only at the selected collection centres listed below.
The patient can pick up a self collect kit, and drop off their specimen at the following locations only:
- 45 Denison Street, Wollongong
- 44 Hopetoun Street, Woonona
- 4/17-23 Station street Engadine
- Baan Baan Shopping Centre, Dapto
- 109 Shellharbour Road, Warilla
- 83-85 Manning Street, Kiama
- 57 Junction Street, Nowra
- 111 Princes Highway, Ulladulla
- Shop 7, Batehaven Mall, Corrigan Street, Batehaven
- 73a Queen Street, Moruya